Old 10-23-08, 07:13 AM
timo888 

Bikes: Birdy BD-1. Change MTB. Fuji XC. Marin Four Corners

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Weakling
why backpack? Cause the food shop don't allow real bikes to be taken into the shop. But if I can hide it within a bag then they would not say anything. so it need to be
light enough to be carried on my back. Not every shop has "Cart" that can take a
bigger and more heavy bike like a Brompton. My Strida is too big to be hidden in a sac.
Weakling, it is the culture here on the Folding Bike forum to offer gratuitous advice whenever the occasion arises, and this will be no exception.

1. Convince the shop-manager to install a half dozen lockers large enough to accommodate a Strida or a Brompton, the kind of locker where you put coins into a slot. Pitch the idea as a break-even opportunity and possibly as a money-maker for the shop: it will be an eco-friendly act and good customer relations.

2. Save the money you would spend on another bike, and pay a kid to stand guard over your bike while you shop. You could lock the bike up as well. This guard duty would be an easy way for a youngster to earn some pocket money.

Regards
T

P.S. Remember to add the weight of your groceries to your own when assessing the suitability of the bike.

Last edited by timo888; 10-23-08 at 08:02 AM.