View Single Post
Old 10-23-08, 10:48 AM
daaxix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sirtigersalot
i'm glad you removed the rack for your mtn ride, I also loled hard at that helmet with that bike. But anyway nice, i had a similar experiance for an adventure race i did with a friend, his shock blew 2 days before our race, so i had to convert my old flat bar cross/urban bike into a rigid mtn bike it had 700c wheels but luckily disc brakes too so i took the wheels off teh broken bike, put on the stock 1.9 tires, but there was only like 2mm of clearance for the tires so i had to re-dish and true the wheels to perfection or they would rub on the frame. Then my friend rode my rush it was hilarious.
That is an awesome story, improptu is always fun. The crazy thing is that my brother is amazingly fast. I have not ridden with him in a couple years, and he has gotten crazy fast at XC. He schooled me on the descents, even though he was on the rigid (Intermediate level technically). On the hills I could keep up, but only because I had much better gearing than he did.

His normal race bike is a 2005 Specialized Epic Pro.

He said he thought I was fast enough now to do fairly well in the sport class though, so I think I am going to start racing in the sport class next season!

Last edited by daaxix; 10-23-08 at 10:52 AM.