Old 10-24-08, 01:10 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gearhead82
I have built a crazy amount of muscle in just a few months by spending an average of 1-2 hours per week lifting weights. Usually 3 sets @ 10 reps. I never took measurements but I would say my arms and legs are the same size or bigger than they were when I was 323lbs in February. I'm 265 now and have problems finding shirts with big enough sleeves to be comfortable. I'm not trying to brag (well, maybe a little), but a significant amount of muscle can be gained with light/moderate weight training in a short amount of time even though cardio was my main focus. This picture was taken exactly 3 months after my first trip to the gym. I was nothing but flab before.

There are 2 ways of lifting weights, you can lift heavy weights a few times, or light weights many times, for example at work I lift and carry boxes, the total weight per shift is around 6,000lbs Now that's only half the story though, there are about 600 pieces. Some will weigh one pound, some will weigh considerable more, but the average is around 10lbs. Both will build muscle and strength, but the many reps at light weights will not build bulky muscles. This is more important for women then men, a guy who looks like Arnie is fine, a woman that looks like Arnie,