View Single Post
Old 10-24-08, 01:30 PM
ehilge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Front Derailleur... UGH!

Hey all, So I've been having trouble with my front derailleur lately. Last week I think I somehow jammed the chain in between the derailleur and cahinring or something like that and my shifting hasn't been the same since. I've tinkered with it quite a bit but haven't benn able to fix it. Last week I had it working in and out of low gear (I have a compact w/ 105 derailleur) but still overshifting and undershifting in high. Today I was working on it more and now its fine in high gear but won't drop to low. After loosening the limit screw and cable tension to no avail, I inspected the derailleur and realized that it actually is not hitting the limit screw even when the cable is unattached. I don't see any pieces of debris or anything that may be limiting motion. And it can't just be the derailleur b/c it was working fine before my little incident. I also tried tri-flowing it and cleaning up the derailleur a little. Any ideas on what the problem could be, any chance it could have incurred some damage even though I can't see anything obvious?
Thanks for your help!