Old 10-25-08, 11:09 AM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BruceMetras
Nice job with your bike!! I like the setup ... I see you are running my preferred saddle setup (SDG I-beam) did you need to modify the bike to take a 34mm post? I am curious about your preference statement .. as I have both SRAM and Sachs DualDrive setups, why do wish for the newer model? I would think the Sachs unit without the clickbox to get knocked around might be a better choice for a folder with a folding rear triangle.
The beam post fits striaght in without a shim.It was bought like this from the seller, it is not modifed.

I am just greedy I guess about the 3x9 dual drive! The 3x9 is worth more money !!

I have a mezzo with the 3x9 setup. I certianly intend to try the older 3x7 as the mezzo folds towards the clickbox. Therefore the 3 x7 set up may be more durable than the 3x9 currently on my mezzo. The Genie folds away from the rear mech so the click box is less of an issue. So I may end up swopping it around inline with your comments. Now I have the luxury of trying both set ups. Very happy!