View Single Post
Old 10-25-08, 04:12 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,742 Times in 1,014 Posts
I lost 80 lbs from June 06 to June 07, since that point, I have floated back and forth and could never break the 80 lb barrier. Looking to lose another 100. I put on about 15 lbs over the last 10 months and decided I needed to find out what I was doing wrong.

I started counting calories which I just hate to do, but, since I started, I discovered I was not consuming enough calories to get to my base basal rate and conservatively, I was short 500 to 800 calories per day. I started counting on Oct 15th, not changing anything in my diet other than consuming enough to get to my base basal. My exercise program is also the same, cycling, elliptical and weights in some fashion at least 5x a week.

Since I started counting and ensuring I hit the base basal, I have lost 8 lbs in 10 days. I am still a little shocked that just a shortage of 500-800 calories a day could put my body in the starvation mode. While it might not be the reason, at this point, it seems to be a positive shift and hopefully I am back on track to lose the next 100.