View Single Post
Old 11-02-08, 05:16 PM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rob_E
I can see where a folding cargo bike would have limited utility, or would appeal to a smaller cross-section of people, but can still see that it might be quite useful to some. I don't plan on getting a cargo bike in the near future because I live in an apartment, and it's already a little crowded in here. A folding cargo bike could be stashed somewhere and only taken out for the rare occasions when I need to haul more than I can carry on my other bike. We're also not car-free here, and occasionally I've found it useful to split my Tote/Cycle in two and toss it in the car. I think that's a very useful aspect of my bike even though it goes for weeks, sometimes months, without being split.

Definitely a cool idea. And a folding cargo bike might be the work around I need to get a cargo bike into the apartment. Although what I'd really like to see is not a folding bike with an Xtra-Cycle attachement, because that seems like it would create an awkward, less useful, fold. I'd like a folding bike that was designed as a cargo bike that was made to fold more efficiently.
I am sure that for some peopel a bike with a trailer is the best solution. Could be easyer to transport and store than a folding longtail.