Old 11-03-08, 04:08 PM
RiverShark

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
909 miles as it stands today. I'm hoping to get another 91 miles in the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty proud of my self since it is my first year commuting. My commute isn't an easy one either-for me at my age(50 plus). 4 mile commute each way. About 600-700 ft total elevation change in both directions(I believe). And traffic is about as bad as it can get although for most of it I'm on a paved shoulder. Don't let that fool ya.

I was almost hit by a young mother last week who thought she'd get around traffic by driving a couple hundred feet up the shoulder and then she pulled me over and complained about not being able to see me because of the glare. I was kind of stunned and speechless. I guess I must have shaken her up when she just missed running me over. I'm a moving Target on my ride. What's makes it worse is that I have to keep an eye on some of the questionable looking pedestrians. I've also had people buzz me on purpose as well as yell things. This is just outside Philly on West Chester Pike.

Everyday's an adventure.