View Single Post
Old 11-04-08, 08:51 AM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fixed gear to blow through platue?

Soooooo. Around 6000 miles ago (can't check exactly bike journal is down ) I weighed oh exactly what I weigh today. Same measurements same all that. I guess I just eat too much broccolli and spinach to lose weight with all the riding I do

I don't think a fixed gear will get me riding more but perhaps it will be a good alternative form of riding/training and maybe be a little more strenous and help build some muscle mass? I was on my merlin road bike last night for a quick trip to drop a note on someones car and avoided shifting on the way to/from and it worked pretty well. Kept a nice high cadence and didn't have any problems. I think I was in 42x16 or so but I did coast occasionally because I could.

I was thinking of getting a Windsor Clockwork (in orange of course) which has front/rear brakes. As an added bonus, and I know I couldn't use the windsor for it since it has brakes, there is a nice velodrome about 30 miles from my house that a bunch of people ride track bikes on so I could eventually put the riding to good use. I even know at least one person who is a fellow recumbent rider who is going to do track again so I'd have someone I knew to go out and say hi to.