View Single Post
Old 11-10-08, 06:46 PM
MDcatV

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NomadVW
Yep. Took ~3 hours to finish. Most of that was listening to BJ talk (I'm guessing that's who responded to your MABRA mail). He could cut the fitting time in half by just getting to the work of it. Partially my fault because I totally brain farted on the appointment the day prior, no showed him. Then the next day I was crunched for time with family stuff.

I am definitely more comfortable on the bike now, and I was pretty surprised at that having put a lot of hours in at the position I was already in.

It did NOT resolve the one-sided quad tightness I was hoping to fix, but that just is what it is.

I can't say that it affected power output positively or negatively.

For me, it was mostly a fit from the waist down and was not huge in any direction - except the shoes/cleat position which was a big change. Saddle height, fore/aft position was within a CM in every direction of the resulting fitting values but that CM of change has definitely had an impact on saddle comfort.

I didn't make any change to stem height/angle/reach until ~2 weeks later. Saddle went back a CM in the fitting, so about 2 weeks after I shortened from a 120 to a 110 stem - no change to drop/angle though.

The values are easily replicateable in bike setup, which I really like.

I bought a set of pedals from BJ once, it took about 90 minutes.