Old 11-10-08, 11:30 PM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by WJV
Lucky me, $100 Tommasini frame on CL. My size too!! I call the guy, he says its in good condition with a few scratches. I drive a ways to pick it up before someone scoops me. Sure enough too good to be true, which is why I hate Drew! (No rhyme intended)

The frame has a few stickers on it which is fine with me, I can take 'em off easily enough, on the top tube are the remnants of a sticker apparently of the previous owner "Drew." I don't know what blew up Drew's dress but he decided he didn't want to run a front derailleur. So he removed the shifter boss braze on with what looks like a pair of vice grips. It left the frame dented and naked. Well he wanted even more weight savings and took off the derailleur braze on as well, but thankfully didn't dent anything.

Well I bought it anyways (sure didn't pay $100). Think its safe to build up as a single speed or something or cut my losses to wall art? Does anyone know if it would be repairable? I guess a full new down tube would have to be put in? Anyone know of a frame builder/repairer in the Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati area?
Thanks
WjV

Drew should have a particular male appendage removed with said vice grips!
Likes For Sirrus Rider: