Old 11-11-08, 10:44 AM
txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Well, I should probably do a seperate thread, but this one seems appropriate.

I've officially accepted an invitation to do a ride from Dallas to Corpus in March to help raise awareness for Wounded Warriors and Soldier Ride. It's all a bunch of Dallas area BF'ers doing it. They did the first ride last year and it looks like it's gaining legs.

We already have a hand cycle to donate for the guys to use. It's gonna be cool, if I can pull off 480 +/- miles in 8 days, lol.

http://soldierride.blogspot.com/

There's a link for all the Independance and Soldier Rides all over the country. We hope to pick up Vets and active duty guys along the way, and camp at VFW, Legion, and like halls. Starting in Austin, we will ride with each Wounded Warriors group that we can, hopefully all the way to the Coast.

Last year our own CM Shooter did the ride and there is one other Dallas area C&A member who is considering giving it a go. If you live along the route and would like to ride along or just give a shout, please do.

I've always wanted to tour, now I have some motivation that comes from deep within. Here's hoping my back and legs can carry the distance.