View Single Post
Old 11-11-08, 04:19 PM
mcoomer
Rat Bastard

Bikes: Cannondale Prophet, Specialized S-Works SL2, Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gear for XC Race

I'm going to do a few races next year and wanted to find out what you take with you when you ride. I'm looking at a 24hour race, a one day race, and if the wife will let me spend the cash I'd love to do Intermontane in BC. I plan on riding my Stumpy and on getting my butt kicked.

I believe in being prepared so I've been putting together a list of things that I think I should take. My plan is to take bike and riding gear (duh), spare camelbak bladder, extra change of riding clothes and shoes (stay dry = stay happy), extra batteries for lights, and GPS. For support I will take my repair stand, second wheelset, spare tubes/tires, extra chain, rear derailleur, derailleur cables, brake pads and rotors, and tools necessary to change out parts. Camelbak will carry multi-tool, tube, tire boot, tire levers, CO2, and SRAM Power Link. I'll throw this in the back of my truck with an EZ Up, table and chairs, ice chest, and whatever camping gear I might have to take. I think I've got what I need to be pretty self sufficient.

Looking at my list, is there stuff you would add or leave at home? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Mike