Old 11-11-08, 05:59 PM
pacificaslim
Surf Bum

Bikes: Lapierre Pulsium 500 FdJ, Ritchey breakaway cyclocross, vintage trek mtb.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
responsibly? i've never caused an accident (and i'm 40). i pay attention. i don't run people off the road. i use my brakes when idiots require me to. i drive a car that weighs less than 2000 lbs. and has fewer than 100 hp. i'm not a nuisance.

I was merely giving some ideas on how we can all be safer on the roadway. Staying to the right unless passing, matching the speed of the lane you wish to enter, passing in front of cars instead of dropping back and trying to get in behind them, and the like, are all good strategies for keeping us all safe out there.

driving in a slow and overcautious manner would be fine if everyone did it. but they don't. purposefully going slowly because of your own selfishness instead of getting with the flow of traffic or staying out of the way of others is a recipe for disaster.

And for those who've forgotten - i'm speaking of highway driving here. On city streets where bikes and pedestrians are potentially around, totally different approaches to driving should be practiced. Slow down. But on the highway, if everyone played my the rules I mentioned, we'd have very few accidents.