View Single Post
Old 11-12-08, 02:56 PM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I got a Wobble-Naught fitting about 3 weeks ago. This was my first year training and racing so I waited until after the season. It took about 2 hours to take all the measurements of the bike, shoes, feet, my flexability, riding history and some time warming up and riding on the Computrainer. After the adjustments were made I was back on the Computrainer. The end result was an adjustment to one shoe by adding a shim, changing the cleat setting on the other shoe, and moving the seat forward 3 centimeters and up 1 centimeter and tilted the saddle. The fitter said that I would feel the difference when riding because I would be using the muscles in the back of my legs more. He was right on, afterward when I finished my first road ride, I got cramps in both my hamstrings while getting into a car. After a couple weeks I've adjusted to the bike's new setup and am satisfied with the results. Part of the process was using the Computrainer to measure the pedalling efficiency. When riding with a cadence of 100 and over with resistance, the machine showed my pedal efficiency looking like a figure 8 on the screen. After the adjustments the figure 8 turned into a fairly round circle indicating force being applied all the way thru the stroke. The shim and cleat adjustment also kept the force being generated by each leg nearly the same. I had a concern that one leg was doing more work due to a severe ankle injury I have that keeps me from even being able to jog.

I'm glad I went thru the fitting.