Old 11-12-08, 07:59 PM
bicycletouring

Bikes: touring, mountain, folding, and a unicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw BIGFOOT once!

Ha! No. Just kidding. If I did, that would scare me to death. I think I'd wet my pants!

The scariest thing I actually saw was a mountain lion. I was in Virginia and on a quiet country road. The dirt road dipped down a little bit and turned to the left. As soon as I got around the bend in the road I felt this weird sensation, as though someone were watching me. I then looked to my left and saw a HUGE mountain lion sitting on the side of the road. He was just sitting there.

But as soon as he saw me looking at him, he took off. He ran parallel with me for about 10 feet, his tail flapping behind him, before he changed direction and darted up into the trees behind him.

It scared me half to death because I totally didn't expect it - and because I didn't know there were mountain lions in Virginia. Scientifically, I don't think there ARE mountain lions in Virginia, but they are spotted every once and a while... and I was one of those lucky ones who got to see one of them.

For the rest of the way I was freaked out. Every little leaf that blew or squirrel that ran across the road I practically had a heart attack. It was scary, but a really cool experience now that I look back at it.