Old 11-13-08, 04:54 PM
old surfer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mystery Trek

Hi Everyone,
I'm a maintenance guy at a large oceanfront condo on the ocean in Florida, my commute is 6 miles each way which have always enjoyed in my old topless Jeep. Eventually I realized I would probably enjoy the commute even more on a bike with the nice bike lanes we have here on the beach. I happened to be talking to elevator mechanic guy about this and he says I've got the bike for you. Turns out he was a bike mechanic for many years some time ago and now has over a 100 bikes. This belonged to a fellow bike guy that was about your size he says. (Please see picture) Anyway now I'm commuting and also riding on the weekends and loving it! Got my wife a used Trek 1000 and all is great. So, where is this going? Now I'm curious as to what model I have. There is no serial # anywhere. All I have is 58TSI on BB, whuch according to vintage Trek is Tim Issac and the angle between seat tube and downtube. Also the cables are routed below the BB first year but then were routed through right chainstay. I guess my question is there a way to determine model and maybe size without serial #? Thanks for any help, this is a great site. (Very addicting this biking thing).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0575.JPG (92.5 KB, 167 views)
IMG_0576.JPG (46.3 KB, 100 views)
IMG_0577.JPG (49.1 KB, 96 views)