Old 11-14-08, 11:21 AM
rideone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nick burns View Post
The bike pictured in post #11 is not the bike in question. If my eyes aren't deceiving me, neither the brake bridge or the fork crown are drilled. The geometry of the frame looks pretty steep, so I would be inclined to believe it is indeed a track frame and not a road frame retrofitted with rear fork ends. If this is case, I would be pretty surprised if the frame is constructed of high tensile steel.

that is correct. the post #11 bike is not mine. i found THAT Grand Touring image on flickr. nick, your eyes don't deceive you. my frame is most definitely track. no holes and a pretty tight geometry, which could probably be tigther picture of the fork crown attached.

as explained here i'm beginning to think that like Gitane, Motobecane made one high-end track bike out of reynolds 531, the team champion, and a low end bike. the componentry is certainly not the top of the line, especially seeing that some french bikes were equipped with campagnolo.

here is how it originally came (i have no idea what is original or not, but most parts seem to be period correct):

-normandy high flange track hubs
-super champion record du monde tubular rims
-stronglight competition headset (not the locking tooth model)
-stronglight 700a pista BB
-spidel 105 (bis?) 165mm cranks
-atom 600 pedals
-belleri drop bars (standard road bend, 25mm clamp)
-belleri road stem (10cm)
-rubis 979 seatpost

thanks for all your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
motofork.jpg (23.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by rideone; 11-14-08 at 11:25 AM.