ChezJfrey
Rider in the Storm

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, KHS Fiero (Fixed), Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rnagaoka
You might want to get yourself a cheap timer when recharging so you don't forget and fry your battery. I don't mind the long recharge time--just leave it overnight.
Agreed. This is what I do.

Originally Posted by caloso
Hey, (at the risk of jacking this thread into a switch discussion) I've got a switch problem too. I can't get it to go into double mode without keeping my thumb on the switch. I think I might have my father-in-law (retired electrical engineer) see if he can take it apart and fix it.
This is the type of problem I'm having. I have to jiggle and flick the switch button to get the light to continue burning. I took the housing apart and noticed that if I bend the wires a certain way, the light will stay on. This tells me the connections within the switch are probably poor, because moving the wires back and forth, or just squeezing the switch body yields different results. I don't think you can repair the switch itself because it looks like the thing would be destroyed if you tried to pry it apart. But, I imagine a replacement of similar size could be easily found and soldered to the same connections as the original.

I should add, that once the light is lit, it stays lit, so that's not a problem. It just sometimes takes a bit of fiddling to get the thing switched on.