Old 12-16-04, 06:20 PM
Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
There is a little known secret with using UPS online. I got an account with UPS a year or so back. You just give them your credit card and it prints out one of those shipping labels that we are all so familiar with.

Then you just look out the window for your nearest UPS man and hand it to him. (I have a UPS driver that lives down the street. He takes, LONG lunch hours. He told me to just throw the package in the cab anytime i have something. He leaves the cab doors open. Cargo doors are locked.

The thing is, it is all based on the honor system. You input your measurements for the package and presumeably if you are dishonest you could ship your bike all the way across the country for $8. (input 12x12x8 and 3 lbs etc.) I asked my local UPS guy what checks were in place to see if you were honest on your measurements and weight. He laughed and said, "you are going to try and cheat aren't you?" He told me that there were basically NONE.

He said that they randomly, check packages but that is all. What would they do if you under paid? He didn't know. I am not telling anyone to cheat. I am just saying "if" you were dishonest you could rob them blind.