View Single Post
Old 11-30-08, 11:27 PM
Jtgyk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
I'm sorry but I gotta call "WUSS" on this one!....It takes me 10 miles to warm up even on a calm day. After that, I'm golden. So stopping a ride cause of the wind is not in my book. Give it time to warm up, you'll be fine!

We (my wife) ride in 40 mph winds. So many others won't give it a thought and I can't figure out why. You work hard one way, then float back. Or, float out and work hard back!Pffft! It's all mental!

And I mean "wuss" in a heartwarming way so don't take it hard!
Beanz you're so freakin' strong you CREATE 40 mph winds!
(By the way...were you riding when those Santa Anna Winds kicked up? Coincidence? I think not!)
No wonder everyone wants to draft you.

As far as the 10 miles to warm up...I'm in the same boat. 8-10 miles of nasty followed up with a nice glow for the remainder of the ride. It's just getting past that first 8-10 miles now that the wind and low temps are here.

So...Yeah...I'm gonna man up tomorrow and hit the Whiterock Creek Trail with the LeTour (replaced the index with friction shifting) and leave the temperamental Trek at home!
The wind was bad enough without brifters misbehaving.
Still, I had the opportunity to change bikes and keep on riding...but had to log on BF and whine about the wind.

My nice new Nashbar Touring Build AKA "The Flying Avocadooooooooo!"
1998(?) Trek 700 Multitrack
1995 Trek 1220 AKA "Jimi"
Older Non-suspension Specialized Hardrock