txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Welcome Cranes!

Yep, it's sometimes hard to dedicate the time to riding. I struggle with feeling selfish sometimes that I "take" the time for "me". In so many ways this is the polar opposite of the truth though.

There is a regular poster, who is being sort of quiet these days, named Ben who has served as one of my motivational members from a distance. He started at over 400 lbs and has come so very far. In his writings he offers that the reason he is doing this is so he will be around later in his young children's life and be able to to be more active and involved with them.

I can think of no more noble incentive.

My youngest is 18 and in her senior year of high school and my oldest is coming up on 23. I think about being around later in their lives ail the time these days. This is about health and weight loss, but it will also turn into being a cyclist. Most people have hobbies or ways they pass their time. Many people end up passing their time on the couch watching TV. Yep, you are with your family when doing so, but I offer that you might be making best use of the time.

There are much worse ways to spend time and money than on your bike. The time spent riding will greatly increase your quality of life and energy levels that you can share with your family and friends and is a huge dividend.

It may take some work on figuring out a fair and equitable sharing of duties and responsibilities with your wife when it comes to caring for small children. Some one has to be there with them and no one wants to hang it all on their spouse. I'll bet that if you look at your current schedule, you can find some ride time in there that allows yuu to do both.

Welcome to the herd!

Last edited by txvintage; 12-01-08 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Typonese Translation