Old 12-03-08, 07:59 AM
amit_shah25 
Drunken Master

Bikes: Jamis Ranger 1.0 (Mutilated !!), Trek Portland

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am only 32, but lost around 50-60 lbs and have been able to keep it off for a year or so. Here are some suggestions that seems to be working from me -
- First of all, if your goal is to loose 20-30 lbs, its not gonna happen by magic. You will have to do some serious intense stuff. If you expect magic to happen, it won't !! And, if you expect to keep it off (once you lost it), you will have to keep doing all the intense stuff (with more intensity) because as you get leaner, there is less and less fat left to burn !
- Staying hungry is a bad bad bad idea. No matter what any diet says, I don't think that if any diet makes you feel hungry all day long, you would be able to keep up that diet for your entire life. You will eventually give in to temptations, and weight will come back on. Make a life style change.
- Generally speaking, try to eat Natural unprocessed food as much as possible. That means fruits, vegetables, lean meat, nuts, dairy (low in fat) etc.
- Try to eat the heaviest meals earlier in the day, and as the day keeps passing, eat lighter and lighter. Dinner should be your lightest meal and preferably should be minimally processed. And should be atleast 2 hours before you go to bed. The key here is, you should have had atleast 4 meals before dinner. Otherwise you will eat a lot in dinner
- You WILL have sugar cravings. Eat desert every once in a while. BUT, eat it after lunch, not after dinner. That has helped me a lot !!! Why -- because it will hopefully burn off by end of day. Sugar eaten at night will most likely become fat on your belly ! Eat pizza every once in a while. But make sure you eat it at lunch, and not in dinner. And ride that bike for 20-30 miles that day.
- Enough said, now step away from the computer and get on the bike

Good luck with your quest !