ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
A cry for help: Muscle knots and fit?

Background:
I had one of my best rides ever on thursday and I decided to change my fit a little when I got back. I recently installed an SRM and a new saddle and things haven't felt 'right' in my fit since I did that so I wanted to try and bring myself back to center again.

Task at hand:
Basically, I messed up my fit and even with things around where they should be, I don't feel right at all. Power is down about 25-30 watts in a 20 minute interval, and body hurts during that duration when it just felt stressed earlier.

Also, I've found a lump on my left calf which is on my muscle and really tight and painful to the touch. I think it's a muscle knot and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I've applied icy hot and massaged the crap outta it and it's still there. Anyone have any issues like this? What did you have to do to get it resolved?

I had a feeling the knot might have something to do with the tightness in my calf which makes me think my fit is off when it really might not be that bad in reality. I think my saddle fore/aft is the same but the height isn't, when can I know if my height is right?

I've heard 'when it's low you know' but I was sort of looking for a guide to find the happy medium to narrow down on what works.

Thanks!

Help?

Last edited by ridethecliche; 12-07-08 at 07:34 PM.