View Single Post
Old 12-15-08, 01:50 PM
Vern

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I see, sorry, i didn't look at the picture, just assumed it had vertical drops like an MB-4 I used to have, and just about every RB series bike I've ever seen and wanted to convert. Its no track bike, but i don't think the geometry is too much of an issue unless you intend to compete in some fashion, and you have at least a little room to try out different stems and such. The current one looks goofy, and I'm assuming you don't like the fit if you're already considering getting a shorter one...but i guess you'll only know if you like a particular set-up by trying, and i don't see anything wrong with a shorter stem and bullhorns, really...it all depends on how you fit the bike, too. It seems like a lot of people with fixed gear bikes like an upright riding position, so, you're already there pretty much. I used to ride a panasonic mountain cat that I converted into a single speed to commute in the snow and sleet of upstate NY. fun times. It felt a little short in the top tube, so in the spring I put on a long stem with no rise and road drop bars and took off the studded tires. It actually felt pretty zippy, and offered a little variety in positions...anyway what i'm saying is you can figure out a stem bar combo that'll work for you pretty easily. I also agree that it's a pretty decent frame.