Old 12-23-04, 11:27 AM
Juniper
Digs technical steeps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geoduck
I ride alone, mainly because I enjoy having time to myself. I've always enjoyed solo sports, and mountain biking is no different.

Also, when you go solo, you have ultimate freedom in terms of route and pace. You can dawdle along, or hammer until your lungs explode. And when you finish that first loop, you can 'go have another' if you wish.

It's true, however, that your skills will progress faster when riding with other, more experienced riders.

Yup! I, too, like the solitude of riding alone in an otherwise busy world. I do tend to ride aggressively and I've tackled some things, like first time steep descents, I really shouldn't have done alone. A broken bone would have meant crawling out for miles; not too wise, I know.

I usually ride with the same two guys; one is an animal and leaves us in the dust. He spins like a maniac and just motors up the longest climbs. Trying to stick with him is a major workout. The other guy is in good shape, too, but is pretty skitterish about taking risks. Crazy stuff is my strength so we make a good mix.

Last edited by Juniper; 12-24-04 at 07:35 AM.