View Single Post
Old 12-19-08, 12:39 PM
yangmusa

Bikes: Brompton H6, Schwinn Mirada, Cruzbike Sofrider. Used to own: ICE B1, 2 F-frame Moultons, Koga Myata Elevation 5000 mtb, Challenge Hurricane, Riese & Mueller Birdy Silver, Actionbent Tidalwave 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by scouse
My main concern about the Streetmachine are...

1. Difficult hill starts in traffic
2. Wobbles up hills in traffic
3. Not great on trails??
1 & 2 will most likely become non-issues after you've put some more miles on the bike. I live in San Francisco, and as you may have heard we have hills here The block up to my house is a 20% grade!

3) I'm not quite sure what you mean - trail = multi-use path, or trail = non-paved track? If you mean a MUP, I don't see any problem. If you mean a non-paved trail then a two-wheel bent may not be ideal. I find my bike squirms around on soft surfaces like sand. Packed dirt/gravel are fine, no problem. I have an Actionbent Tidalwave with Schwalbe Big Apple tires on. With your suspension and tires with more aggressive tread you might find the Street Machine could handle tougher conditions.

It sounds like you're able to test ride the bike - could you do more test riding in the conditions you are concerned about?