View Single Post
Old 12-19-08, 01:11 PM
yangmusa

Bikes: Brompton H6, Schwinn Mirada, Cruzbike Sofrider. Used to own: ICE B1, 2 F-frame Moultons, Koga Myata Elevation 5000 mtb, Challenge Hurricane, Riese & Mueller Birdy Silver, Actionbent Tidalwave 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by scouse
which of your bikes do you find you use more often on your commute? Is your commute in traffic?
(I know you didn't ask me, but I'm trying to avoid work )

I confess - I ride my vintage Raleigh most often on my commute, though I do have phases where I ride the bent every day. The main reason is my commute is really short, barely 3 miles. For that distance, my upright bike is just less hassle - I can wear a suit, or whatever I'm wearing for work that day. I can just sling my leg over and go. The front basket holds anything from a briefcase, to a laptop, to 20 lb of groceries on the way home. With the bent, I prefer to wear cycling shoes, a helmet, a bright jacket for visibility. I don't mind that on longer rides, but it just feels like hassle for a 15 minute ride. Now, when I worked in Mountain View it was a different matter - for a 40 mile ride it's the bent every time! Unless it's the Birdy.. Ah, spoiled for choice