Old 12-19-08, 11:19 PM
the beef
100% USDA certified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by markyore
Beef, I respect your posts but this is a bit brunt. It is entirely possible that one out of probably tens of thousands of hubs fail catastrophically, an anomoly so to speak. Perhaps a bearing freakishly explodes jamming the others. I dont think this would require a recall it is most likely a one off incident, so yes were back to waranty replacement and since nobody was hurt (thankfully) life goes on....leave the laywers out of it
Thanks. I was mostly kidding with the whole 'sue them' thing. Maybe it's just the human tendency to point fingers, but something just seemed fishy to me. No unusual load, no impact, smooth road, kerBLAOW.

But you're right, it's probably just a freak accident, I've had stuff mysteriously fail on me before (and sometimes it was my own fault). So I agree, if I were in the OP's place I'd just do the warranty thing as well and thank my lucky stars I wasn't hurt any further.

But if I smashed my head on the pavement and ran over a kitten and got paralyzed from the neck down, then of course it'd be a different story.