Old 12-23-08, 07:44 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
OT: Cutting a CD in 50+ Language

OT: Cutting a CD in 50+ Language (I don't want to post this elsewhere, because I won't understand a word they say!)

My a cappella 9 member gospel singing group is exploring cutting a CD.

While the CD might be sold, it most likely will be given as either wanted or unwanted gifts to those we think ought to remember us fondly???

I have been exploring how a CD might be cut, and find there may be a range of quality levels (and related cost to us).

A fellow group records for two days, with each person and instrument having their own mike, and then spends time "mastering" the CD, putting all the tracks together, adjusting tone, volume and pitch and rhythm, etc. This, of course, is not cheap, and they do sell their CD's, although I don't think they sell a lot - (they are an excellent group).

I have heard of others simply recording the entire group and transcribing it to a CD. Simple but rather non-professional sounding.

I believe we can handle the copying of the CD's and the packaging and the labels and jewel case inserts ourselves, for the small quantity we will likely need.

I would appreciate anyone with more advanced knowledge (that wouldn't be hard) of making a CD to share their knowledge with me.

I see all sorts of ads on Craigslist for CD production, - i.e., $300 - but have NO basis for evaluating.

TIA

Last edited by DnvrFox; 12-23-08 at 07:48 PM.