View Single Post
Old 12-24-08, 12:26 AM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Thanks again.

Each of these responses is being forwarded to the members of our singing group. They are very helpful.

BTW, we are tremendously better in our singing than the live single mike recordings on our web site. They were recorded a couple of years ago, and we have improved!!
I'm with bluesdawg on this one. Except I think the studio translates better than the live recording. Yes the live recording seems to work best for the group but from what the people listening have said the other method has a purer sound. A small studio or even a mobile studio isn't that bad of an expense and the sound quality is a lot better. Our world percussion group made a CD and if each person pretty much knows their part it doesn't take that long to get through a session. Plus you all don't have to be there at the same time. With us the Kit drummer, who was maybe the most professional laid down the first track and the hand drummers came in on another day. The Didgeridoo player was in the studio all by himself and when it came back it sounded better than we ever did in a garage and maybe better than we were live. That being said with a singing group Bluesdawg still may be right and everyone would do better together. I think there was a clip of one of our live performances or at least a rehearsal on youtube but I forgot where.