DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
A response from a studio:

Hi Denver,

Thank you for the email. I also got your voice mail message. I would love to work with your group. I have done many CD projects and yours sounds wonderful. I would also agree with Kurt Stroman that the best way to record a 9 voice group would be to record everyone at the same time. It should be pretty straight forward once we get the mics in the right position and a sound that you all like.

For Studio time I charge $40 an hour. If you have a specific budget amount I can try to work with in it. Normally I would estimate a project like you have described as follows:

Number of songs?

From the hip, an estimate for you project would be somewhere between $500 and $1000 for the recording, mixing and mastering and providing you with a Gold Master CD.

If you are well rehearsed and can perform the songs in 2-3 takes I think we would be closer to the $500 mark.

If you want to have the CD duplicated in mass at a production house you will need to make sure you have all necessary copy write information. I looked over your web site and the music examples there. Most of them would fall in the public domain area so that is good.

Recording during the day is not a problem, I would like to discuss over the phone in more detail. Could we set up a time for Friday after the Christmas Holiday for a phone call?

Thanks