View Single Post
Old 12-25-08, 01:14 PM
mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jcm
"PS; don't waste your money buying degreasers at a bike shop. That's crazy. Go down the street and get stuff like that at a hardware store. Use the money you save to buy a latte at Starbucks."

+1 on the de-grease, but I'd just go get a couple 3lb cans of Folgers at the grocery store instead of Tarbucks.
In fact, I agree with you about the coffee. I was being a little sarcastic about going to Starbucks for a latte. Frankly, I find Starbucks to be just ghastly coffee. Folgers made at home has a lot less tannins and better flavor - but it is all what you get used to. I remember having a breakfast coffee at home. My son asked me to stop by Starbucks on the way to drop him off at work. The coffee cost him nearly $7.00 for his foo-foo coffee = that is one hour's work for him. 13% of his total day's wage for a cup of coffee. Latte... that means "Milk" doesn't it? I have that in the fridge too. If nobody's looking, I MIGHT even use the left-over milk from my Captain Crunch cereal in my coffee. Would that make it a Le Cap'n and Latte Mocha?
Likes For mike: