View Single Post
Old 12-25-08, 07:34 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Lol.

Did you notice how the father in law kept trying to get him injured?

"Lets try it with one leg now."
"Turn around, turn around and look at us!"
"one leg" was my wife

Originally Posted by nitropowered
I rode the rollers for 2hrs today. back on them for another 2-3hrs after dinner. Rollers aren't as mind numbing as the trainer. I've got 3" kreitlers and they are more than plenty resistance for me. Actually probably more than I really need if I'm just planning on doing a "light" spin
Looks like altogether I did about 2.3 hours on the rollers today, not counting some initial practice time before I started the timer. I think I would prefer a little more resistance so that I could be more in the middle of the cassette instead of mostly in the 13, 12 & 11...

Originally Posted by Rowan
Axle behind the front roller strut is ok.
Yeah, I meant that the wheel axle is barely behind the roller axle... so it didn't feel like the bike was very secure in the rollers, compared to my father-in-law's bike.

Fan is pretty well essential.
I was dripping buckets, but I just did an hour outside. It is cold and windy and rainy, so it was just perfect in shorts and a mesh baselayer

Look up to where you want to go -- applies as much to rollers as on the bike. IOW, look at a fixed spot on the wall directly ahead of you, not down at the front wheel, and especially at low speed.
That's pretty much how it is with everything directional or balance related...

Change the effort without the add-ons by changing the tyre pressures... that will find you out.
My rear tire had a leak, so after about 20 minutes the pressure would be low and it would take more effort... which made it easier to get good power, but more difficult to stay in position on the rollers.

umd, I'm a little surprised it's taken you until now to find out about rollers, but then your outside distances mean you've probably never bothered.
Yeah, I rarely need to ride inside. After I broke my collarbone I rode the trainer for a few weeks; that was the most not riding outside I've done. I bought some rollers a while back but the band was broken and I never got around to getting one. Last year a friend did 12 hours on rollers for a charity event and I said I would do it with him this year, but he didn't do it again. He has a nice set of e-motions.

I'm going to borrow these for a little while.

Here is another video outside