View Single Post
Old 12-26-08, 12:15 AM
bvfrompc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by orcanova
On Christmas Eve I rode from Kunia, down Kunia Road, past Schofield Barracks, and down Kam Hwy., turning around just a couple miles short of the coast, somewhere along the Dole Plantation. I would have gone further but the light was disappearing. I was on the bike at 4 PM and the light turned incredible. I lost a lot of time stopping and shooting pics. This ride was about 30 miles round trip. THe last 20-30 minutes I was riding in the dark with the lights of Honolulu off to my left. I felt like I had the whole Island to myself, and it was a long descent back to Kunia so I was flying. Nice way to end the ride. This was one of the most magical rides of my life, due to the sunlight and rain shower, the rainbow, the changing light, and the incredible scenery.
Thank you, took that same ride a year ago, brings back the memories. Those death cookies on the rollers on Kunia scared me shiiteless when wet.

Thanks for the pics as well, great memories.

And FYI, the freaking traffic sucks there, but I'm used to the open roads of CO and nice wide shoulders