Old 12-26-08, 09:06 AM
BenA

Bikes: 1984 Trek 720, 1985 Trek 770

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blocks to repair dent in frame?

Hello all, has anyone ever actually used those aluminum or wooded blocks to remove a dent from a frame tube? I have read many, many references to them, but not from anyone who has ever done it. Bicycle Research sells them. All I read it "try those blocks - but for sure it will damage the paint" or "I saw those blocks, maybe those will work" or "I know of this guy who used them, I will ask him how it worked"

HAS ANYBODY USED THEM? PLEASE HELP!!

I have an 85 Trek 770 that I just bought, it was shipped to me and durring shipping received two small dents in the underside of the downtube where the wheel hub got jammed into it. The dents do not appear to have done any structural damage, but certainly cosmetic damage. Otherwise the frame is in wonderful shape and I would really like to repair it.

Please do not tell me sand it down, weld it, and repaint. Please do not tell me to not worry about it. Please do not tell me to bondo it and repaint it. Please do not tell me to weld rods on and pull the dents out. I know all those options. I simply want to know if the anyone has used the block method. You would think that Bike Research would not sell the tool if it did not work.

Thanks so much for your help.

Ben