Old 12-26-08, 01:02 PM
HC203

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE

Sat. 10:30 am Enchanted forest S.C. Ellicott city ,Md.
HILLY! 60 mile ride to / thru Carroll Co.(mostly low traffic roads:-)
Lunch midway @ farm store with deli,tables & restrooms

(REALLY loooooooooooooooong ride-meet me @ train station - Main st. Ellicott city @ 9:50 am = 70+miles :-)[/QUOTE]

Is this a bbc ride? Don't see it on the site.

Woke up this morning, fought the desire to hibernate and got out my mt. bike. Headed over to Loch Raven, rode the same trails I ran yesterday. Boy, I've forgotten how hard mt. biking can be, no smooth cruising along behind someones wheel. Climbing slippery wheel sucking muddy inclines, jumping over logs, roots, rocks-repeat. Fun though. I need to get out more and polish my bike handling skills. I walked my bike over the water hazards, getting wet on winter rides is not wise. Josh, I was at Dicks and bought a couple of those Underarmour type base layers from Reebok. I didn't like how tight the large was so got XL instead. Probably should have gotten the large as I think they keep you warmer when they're really tight.

I'm not committing to anything yet for tomorrow. The 3.5 drive time is making me shy away from heading west. Maybe I'll do this century to Gettysburg that I've been putting off.

Last edited by HC203; 12-26-08 at 01:15 PM.