View Single Post
Old 12-30-08, 11:27 AM
InfiniteRegress
Infinite Regress

Bikes: Dahon Speed Pro TT (2008), Jamis Aurora Cyclocross (2005), Trek WSD 2100 (2007)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabir424
Politics: Poly = Many + Ticks = Blood Sucking Parasites
Besides the politicians and the fact that it gets cold and, from what I hear, the awful crime rate I guess there's nothing wrong with DC.

It's not that bad. Actually, if we could just get rid of the lobbyists and lawyers, it would be fine here!

As for the weather, it's pretty darn mild, especially during the past 10 years. We rarely get snow and the temps during the winter months seem to stay in the 50s. It was 69 on Sunday. Regarding the crime, yes, there is crime and it's bad in parts of the District and PG county (MD), but fairly well-contained in those "bad" areas that most people know to just avoid. The police here seem to take the Hampsterdam approach. Montgomery County is really nice, as are many parts of NW DC.

Seriously, I've lived here all my life but am very well-traveled (both in the US and internationally). DC is really a great place to live. It has a little bit of everything. It's not really a big city, but more like a sleepy little town that wants to be a big city but just doesn't have the desire. Though I will admit that I am a tad biased