ggg300
Burnin' and Lootin'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galen_52657
Well...that is definitely true!!!

However, triple has some valid points. Would you set sail to a far-off island without knowing how to pilot a boat? or read a nautical chart or compass? People just don't think about what they are doing or the consequences to others. So many morons sign up for a bike tour and don't have the foggiest idea what they are doing. They are a hazard to themselves and others. Riders without pumps, tubes, patch kits, enough air in their tires, ancient bikes with bolt-on wheels and they don't have a wrench.... the list goes on.

I went on a ride last year - 9000 feet of climbing in 85 miles. The toughest climbs I had ever been on in my life. Guy shows up on titanium recumbent (with a triple). Stop me if I have told this story.........

Anyway, 3 miles from the start is the first climb, this guy rolls to the front at the bottom of the climb before it gets hard. He is going to show up all the 'uptight upright' riders. Well, we hit the steep part and this guy is soon in his granny cog and is running out of gears. Just about everybody had passed him before he just can't turn is lowest gear and falls over in the middle of the road.

I really have no sympathy or tolerance for morons.

going fast enough to see him fall......