View Single Post
Old 01-01-09, 04:47 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 1,737 Times in 1,012 Posts
Actually riding in the wind is a great exercise to help pull the weight off, but make sure you eat appropriately to compensate for the added effort. Just continue to ride and maybe start doing some weight training if you are not presently doing so.

Also, I can speak highly enough about counting your calories and making sure you are getting the right balance of Carbs, Fats and Proteins. I started doing this in mid Oct and have lost 18 lbs, but I have added strength training and increased my protein and reduced the fats. In doing this, I am increasing my overall muscle and have found my avg speed has increased about 2 mph. I recently had a ride where I was able to maintain a 20 mph for about 5 miles at the end of a 30 mile ride. Would have never been able to do that 6 months ago.

Just keep at it and by the way, jesspal, enjoy that warm weather, in Jacksonville, it never got above 55 today and like you 15-20 mph winds. brrrrrrrrrr.