Old 01-01-09, 07:15 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Oops. No ride here but congrats to all of you who have.

Worked a "Short staffed" 12 hour shift last night, shoveled 11.5" of snow off the driveway and walk today, working again tonight. I've still got a job at least.

Hoping to get a ride in soon as it's been quite a long time since my last one, partly due to not being in the mood and partly being snowed in. We recieved 46.2" of snow this December which is a record for us. Snowiest December since 1884 when we started keeping records of important things like snowfall and temps. and such. Folks living near main roads have a better shot at riding during snow events as the main raods get a lot of snow removal attention. I'm in an area of the city where 4 X 4's and snow plows get stuck on poorly maintained roads. So I shovel the snow and consider that cross training. I still get my fresh air so I guess it's not so bad. Good news is the snow is supposed to stop for a few days.

Two of the three daughters will be back to their homes away from home by tomorrow evening so there will be more discretionery time for riding. If I get a nice sunny spell I'll grab the Canon and post in the pic. thread.

Happy Trails

Last edited by cranky old dude; 01-01-09 at 07:18 PM.