View Single Post
Old 01-02-09, 09:00 PM
fourdollarwater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lemond Etape upgrade

I've been looking for parts to upgrade the components on my bike. I have a 45cm Lemond Etape Wmns.
BikePedia link : http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...mens&Type=bike

This has been an on going process mainly because I've been in school and I'm slow accumulating cash to purchase the parts. Everyone tells me, just buy a new bike. But I like my frame and I've already bought a few parts. Right now I have 2200 or Sora on my bike. I want to upgrade to an Ultegra group set.

I already have:
10-speed Ultegra 6603 shifters. I read on an earlier post that 6603 can be used as double shifters.
10-speed Ultegra 6600 SS Rear Derailleur.

What I still need:
Ultegra 6600 Front Derailleur
Ultegra Compact Double Crankset 165mm
Cassette
Bottom Bracket
Chain

For the parts I still need, I'm confused about the Front Derailleur, the size of my tube is 34.9mm, but if I get a braze-on, then does the tube size matter? Or does the size of the tube only matter with a clamp-on?

With a 165mm crank, it's tough to find this online because most cranksets are 170mm or 172.5mm, is it possible just to replace the crank on a chainring? I'm not sure how the cranksets really work?

Last question, will the cassette fit with my rear hub? If I'm upgrading to 10-speed, then the number of cogs increases and will that fit with my rear hub. Right now I have an 8-speed. So what do you guys think?