Thread: Indoor training
View Single Post
Old 01-05-09, 08:36 AM
telebianchi

Bikes: 2014/17 Trek Domane 5.2, 2003 Fuji Cross, 2019 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5 Plus, 2012 Raleigh XXIX single-speed, 2017 Access Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Sometime this fall the gym I go to switched all of their spinning bikes to the Lemond Revmaster. I sat on one last night for about 10 minutes. It was the most bike-like unit I've ever been on. Lots of adjustments to get fit (seat post, seat fore/aft, handlebar height, handlebar fore/aft, seat angle if you bring a wrench). The handlebar gave lots of position options that, while not like a true drop bar, seemed comfortable. Even the toe clips allowed my foot to go in the pedal far enough (w/SPD on the other side). The best thing, compared to machines I've sat on in the past, is that the distance from the BB to the pedals felt like a real bike. Previous machines I've tried had the pedals too wide which made pedaling feel funny and even induce some knee pain.

I'm going to start adding these into my winter workout. The gym only has one or two classes a day but the room is open to use at any other time.