Thread: Seat Adjustment
View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 06:29 PM
BigBlueToe

Bikes: Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If it was me I'd try a few things before punting and buying something new. Change the angle of the saddle. Raise the nose or lower it. Slide the seat back and forth on the post. Change the height of the post. Make changes in very small increments and see how it feels - better? worse? I've found that very small adjustments to these things can make a big difference. I recently tried a new saddle, then went back to my old Brooks when the new one didn't feel right. After I had the Brooks back on, it didn't feel right. I slid it back about 2mm. When I got back on, it felt (in the words of Little Red Riding Hood) "just right." 2mm was all it took.

Hopefully it will just be a matter of tweaking things and you too will arrive at the setup that is "just right."

If not, you can start replacing things. Goodness knows, I've done that too. I've got a whole collection of saddles that didn't feel right, and a few other reject parts as well. I guess it's part of the disease.