View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 09:05 PM
zeroderby

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Severian and BarracksSi, yes suspension isn't great in the cold, that is why I liked the lockout on the fork and the rear shock. So far so good.

Lebowski and Eggplant Jeff, I noticed some rust on the 4 day old bike's chain, made me rethink riding it in the winter.

rydaddy, yes I can't wait to ride it on the trails. There are some really fun trails in the river valley here that I like to ride when I take the long way home.

Torrilin, what technique do you use when you have to ride over pot holes cracks, uneven pavement and plain old crummy roads? I really don't know what the proper way to handle that is. I hate that feeling on the rear tire. The full suspension feels so much better even on the road to me.

PS, I really enjoyed riding it again today. It was -21 Celsius on the way home and it rode very nicely. My old Trek would feel like and old exercise bike that had a strap whenever it got below -17 Celsius, I can't get any momentum I just have to push against the pedals hard all the time. This is probably due to the lack of maintenance. The rust is making me think I should just stick it out on the old bike for the rest of winter though.