Old 01-07-09, 05:49 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
I ride a modded out Twenty (fixed gear commuter / light tourer) and because it lacks any suspension I run 20 by 1.95 tyres which still roll out very fast and provide a very stable and very comfortable ride... I spent today riding it on roads that are a mix of snow, slush, and ice and as always was very impressed with how well the bike handles and rides.

I would equate this bike's performance with it's larger sisters that were built for commuting / touring and not full on racing... it does not give up a thing.
I`we been toying around with two similar (1970`s detatchables) during the holydays. One I am playing with a new stem setup, the other one I made a fast uppgrade to be able to try out tyres. More to be done later.

I finished last night putting chains on the rear wheel and a homemade studded in the front. Wanted to try it for a short ride today. A lot of -15 to -20C in the last few weeks, so long rides is not interesting, but with these bikes I kept my focus on the months to come. Hoping to do a "no car" holyday trip on them.

Last edited by badmother; 01-07-09 at 05:52 AM. Reason: spelling