View Single Post
Old 01-07-09, 01:36 PM
zowie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by alanf

I know another guy who drank "Diet Coke" like it was going out of style. Probably the same amount or more. He had a Fridge in his office. This guy committed suicide. Now I am not suggesting D.C. increases the likelihood of suicide, but before he died I was starting to study a very old medical system from India called "Ayurveda". One of the diagnostic techniques used to determine a person's state of health is to look at the tongue. Any coating on the tongue that covered up it's normal pink is a sign of some sort of internal problem.

One day I happened to notice that his tongue was actually black. He's the only person I have ever seen with a black tongue. Ayurveda specifies that a brown or black coating on the tongue indicates that the person's Gi tract has been invaded with parasites, fungal infections or has unabsorbed iron. To my mind the acidity in the Coke did damage to the lining of his innards and when it was weakened by the constant attacks, it succumbed to the infections or whatever that are constantly around the body.
Or it was just stained by the carmel coloring.