View Single Post
Old 01-09-09, 09:57 AM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Metzinger
When I first lived in out there, I could rely on the moguls of Paradise Bowl at Louise to be of sufficient length and difficulty to get my pulse up, and to warm up my legs. By the time I left AB, I found almost no reason to ski or board that run. Moguls were gone, it's almost always in shade. If I don't throw some turns in, skiing or boarding, my session is going to last about two runs. I just get so cold if I'm not exerting myself aerobically.
I totally hear you. One of the reasons I don't bother going to Louise that much anymore [besides $80 lift tickets] is because they removed the Eagle chair on the front. Eagle Trees was our first and last run of the day, mostly because it was super-tight and really got your blood pumping. Paradise bowl still gets monster moguls occasionally, but the skiers seem to have changed to more of a "big-mountain" style. The ski tips and waist are wider, the turns are bigger and less regular. Moguls are simply less common. Fernie gets some big'uns - I swear you can see the bumps on Stag Leap with Google Earth.