HandsomeRyan
Pants are for suckaz

Bikes: Hardtail MTB, Fixed gear, and Commuter bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by aMull
They still can help prevent your foot from slipping and getting a nasty blow to the leg. Depends on how fast she's going though and what gearing she uses.
I love my wife with all my heart, but I'm pretty sure that "going fast" on a bicycle is not going to be an issue.

I went home on my lunch break and started getting it put together. The BB went in with no problems at all. The chainring cleared the chainstay. The headset bearings were regreased and the fork was reinstalled. I installed the stem and new bars but I ran into a problem when I went to put the grips on. My wife doesn't use hairspray....?! I improvised a new method of getting the rubber grips on by using plastic zip ties [flat] shoved between the grips and the bars to reduce the friction when sliding the grips on. Once in place, I pulled the zip ties out with a pair of pliers. Not as easy as hairspray but it worked. I got the brake calipers bolted on but no cables have been run yet.

After work I need to install the seatpost clamp and saddle, hook up the brake cables, and put on some pedals and we'll be in business! I'm excited that my first 'complete build' is going this well and I promise I'll post some pictures of the completed bike.

Last edited by HandsomeRyan; 01-09-09 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling