Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked 935 Times in 618 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwoo
I would be interested in hearing from any of the 80's Canny employees.... I've never spoken with any of their employees, but have heard that there was a "Artisan/family" atmosphere back then, much like our family experienced working for Trek-Waterloo, WI in the early 80's.... I'm sure those days are long gone....
Yes, it was a fun place to work back then. A bunch o' kids figuring things out as we went along.

Originally Posted by Gordo Grande
I have an old '84 or '85 Cannondale Race frame. As I recall, it was one of the first racing frames that they had put out, and I think I got it because I had some connections with one of the top dealers here in L.A. at the time. (Prior to that they were mostly putting out the touring frames). I don't think it even had a model number at the time, it was just called "the racing frame." In fact, they didn't even file down the welds at first. They just left them all beefed up and painted over them.
And the rear dropouts had fender eyelets. I have one and my mother-in-law's house with fenders that I turned into my old commuter.

FYI: http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html

Last edited by Homebrew01; 01-10-09 at 06:15 PM.